Natalie believes that the most effective and sustainable way to create a healthy lifestyle is to move away from focusing on weight-loss and dieting and towards other markers of wellbeing. Natalie works with you not only on nutrition education but also more importantly on understanding your relationship with food and body and learning to enjoy both without guilt.
Natalie believes that health looks many different shapes, sizes and lifestyles. She addresses her clients as a whole and does not "fix," rather support and guide transformation by identifying and working through barriers to change.
· Two 1hr in-person sessions each month
· Accountability and specific goal setting and thought exercises
· Resources and support to help shift your relationship with food and self
· My personal commitment to your journey
As a client of my nutrition coaching program, you will:
· Experience a nonjudgmental and empathetic environment
· Learn how to eat intuitively instead of relying on external diet rules and constructs
· No longer base success on the scale or clothing size
· Be supported in letting go of dieting and dieting behaviors
· Feel more empowered around food and no longer see foods as "good" or "bad"
· Redefine your understanding of health and nutrition
· Create a positive relationship with exercise
Health At Every Size® | HAES® promotes flexible, individualized eating based on hunger, satiety, nutritional needs, and pleasure, rather than any externally regulated eating plan focused on weight control.
Primary Food™ | It’s easy to overlook all of the things that contribute to our sense of nourishment and fulfillment. It’s not just the food we eat, but all of the other factors present in our daily lives. Healthy relationships, a fulfilling career, and physical activity are essential aspect to health. When these “primary foods” are balanced, what you eat becomes secondary.
Intuitive Eating | Intuitive Eating is an approach developed to help individuals reconnect with their bodies hunger and fullness signals and heal from chronic dieting. Natalie guides clients in learning how to make food choices in a way that honors hunger and lets go of guilt and food judgment. She teaches the difference between biological hunger, emotional hunger, and taste hunger and how to identify and respond to each.
Emotion Regulation | Food is often used as a coping mechanism for uncomfortable emotions or situations. Natalie uses principles from cognitive and dialectical behavioral psychology to help clients learn to understand and cope with stress and other emotions without turning to food. She also educates clients on how habit loops are formed and various techniques for building motivation and sustaining momentum.
Contact Natalie today.
Natalie has a few openings left for new clients both in and out of state. Submit your information here for a free consultation.